VIBE COFFEEHOUSE OPEN MIC NIGHT
SATURDAY OCTOBER 12 6-8 PM
$5 COVER CHARGE
DINNER, DESSERT AND DRINKS ON SALE
Mother Brook Arts & Community Center, 123 High St, Dedham MA
(use rear entry, another parking lot is in the back.)
PERFORMERS: For Guidelines and to Register click here
EVERYONE: For Cover Tickets click here
OPEN MIC GUIDELINES
Please read the following:
Our goal for this evening’s Open Mic is to provide an outlet for singers, musicians & performers within the local churches and community to come together and share in talent and conversation. We encourage all levels of performers, from novice to expert, to sharpen their skills in front of an audience.
All musicians, singers, storytellers, comedians, poets, spoken word enthusiasts, dancers, or other performers are welcome to participate. This is a family event and we ask that you keep your songs and spoken word, and other performances free of profanity or sexual vulgarity. Please note you will be unplugged if you cannot abide by these guidelines.
1. Performances begin at 6:30 pm. Closing time is 8:00 pm. You may tune up your instruments between 6-6:30 pm
2. Time slots are open now, sign up here.
3. Each time slot is 5 minutes total -- (TIP: Keep your opening chatter short or none at all, it comes out of your time)
4. We will provide sound equipment (sound board, speakers, mics, cables). We do not provide backup music. To make sure what you need is on hand, plan on bringing what you will need.
5. When you are next, be ready. Instruments out, tuned up, ready to take the stage.
6. Perform material you are comfortable with. We don’t expect perfection, but it’s always best to be as prepared as you can be.
7. BE CONSIDERATE OF THE OTHER PERFORMERS. Please be quiet and show respect for the performers on stage. Do not play instruments while performers are on stage. Applaud for everyone.
8. Please stay for the performers after your time slot. They enjoyed your set, stay and enjoy theirs as well.
9. Be respectful to the venue and the equipment, as if it were your own. No mic drops please!
Thanks for being a part of this great opportunity!